Search Engine Optmisation
What is SEO?
SEO which literally stands for Search Engine Optimisation is define as, any keyword which you see on SERP (Search engine result page) of Google, Yahoo, Bing or Baidu, are the part of Search Engine Optimisation. Without counting Google ads. Which help you to increase your quality and quantity of searches to your website organically.
In short, we can say Search engine optimisation helps to increase your traffic on website organically through organic search engine results.
Before, judging what is SEO, we also have to focus on what SEO term consider. So let’s talk about everything in detail.
What is keyword in SEO(Search engine optimisation)?
Keyword is a word or group of words which a searcher search on Search engines to view a result. Search engine will show a result on the basis of user most likely expectation.
For example: if you search “What is SEO” then search engine will show you a detail result on Search Engine Optimisation. So the keyword here is What is SEO. In the same way whatever you input to search a query on search engine is keyword. Check above seo image for more understanding.
SERP and what goes in SERP?
Search engine results pages are website pages served to searcher when they search something online on any search engine, for example, Google, yahoo, Bing. The searcher enters their pursuit question (frequently by utilizing explicit terms and expressions known as keywords), upon which the search engine presents them with a SERP. SERP consist of Google ads, local search result and 10 SEO rankings. Check on below image.
I hope you under all the things clearly, now we will consider what are the things required for SEO
Major Requirements for Search Engine optimisation
- Active Website – Without SEO friendly website no SEO can be happens.
- Content Rich Website – The website which has more relevant content in form of text, images and videos are best website for SEO term.
- Hosting speed – Hosting is the memory of website. Your website hosting speed must be high in order to get quality traffic with SEO.
- Social media presence – Social media presence increase the brand presence and that is required for SEO
- Domain Age – More the domain age more the chance to rank. New domain did not rank fast.
- Back links – Your website link other’s website is also a requirement of SEO.
- Internal links – Your web pages link on other pages of you website.
- Regular posting – Consistency is major requirement, write, change and do posting every day, week or month.
- Mindset of patience – Patience is one the big requirement. SEO is not a one night activity you need to wait to see the result.
How can we do SEO?
In order to learn what is SEO? and how it can be done, we must consider what is required in order to do SEO,
- Keyword Research
- On page SEO (Search engine optimisation)
- Off page SEO (Search engine optimisatiom)
- Webmaster console setup
- Keyword Research – Keyword research is the Primary work in order to rank your website on Google search engine, first you have list a keywords which are relevant to your business website, For keyword research you can check Google keyword planner, Uber suggest, or another one. You can search many keyword planners on Google with searching “Free keyword research website”.
- On Page SEO – On page SEO is a technique where you try to rank your keyword through backend SEO activities of your website. It also refers to the practice of optimizing web pages to improve a website’s search engine ranking and traffic. You can do On page SEO through SEO Plugins like Yoast SEO, Mathrank and All in One SEO.
- Off Page SEO – Off page SEO is a technique where you do enter you website link on other’s website pages and posts. It is a back linking process.
- Webmaster tool setup – it is major requirement of SEO, because Webmaster track your website Web Page’s technical activities including SEO activities. You can also submit your sitemap here. This is required. You can check any page are indexing or not on Google and many things.
Advantage of Search Engine optimisation
- SEO boost your website on search engine organically for a long duration of time.
- It can give you a plenty amount of traffic on your website
- SEO can increase your sale.
- SEO save your Google ads expenses
- Quality leads can be generated through SEO.
- It also increase brand Image.
History of SEO
According to search engine land website, SEO was born in 1991. Around this time, the world’s 1st website was created, and one immediately transformed into numerous as sites swarmed the web. Along these lines, there was a tremendous requirement for structure and availability, and the world’s first web crawlers were made.
In 1993, Excite reformed how data was arranged, and in 1994, Alta Vista, Yahoo, and others joined the scene.
However, in 1996, SEO really took off when Sergey Brin and Larry Page began building what would become the biggest, most recognized search engine to date: BackRub. Thought I was going to say Google? Well, you’re right because BackRub eventually became Google and was registered as a domain in 1997.
Evaluation of SEO in 21st Century
Every business want to show their products on top of Google search engine but it is not east at all you need to do a lot of things as I have discussed above. In this era, SEO is a Big tool. Lots of companies are emerging these days that do SEO to rank your website on Google search engine. The scope of SEO is vast we cannot sum up it in few words. There are millions of people who do SEO but only few people know that what is SEO and what is required in order to rank a website. Google update its SEO algorithm every 2-3 months or in years so we also have to update our self with these updates.